View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Son of Donegal

vCash: 500
Ah ***** it.

Whether you agree with KPD or not, he writes thought provoking stuff...even if he is way off point. The reality is that Hockey in the US does not get the same focus as Baseball and football. And KPD brings a classic sports journalist approach to his work. I appreciate it. Otherwise, Hockey becomes stat lines and that's that. KPD is passionate about the game and has some very strong views on the future of hockey. And while I disagree with him on fighting, I am not sure he is out of touch on the subject. With the rise in concussions/head injuries in the past several years, at some point we may see the game change...whether we like it or not...and to be frank, I am not sure I would complain if it meant a faster, more fluid game.

As for Seguin, I love the kid and I see him developing into an elite game changing forward at some point, but as good as he has been, he still has a long way to go. There is nothing wrong with how he has developed. It's endearing that we were able to watch him adjust him game after his time in Switzerland. And if anything, it makes you appreciate him going to the net harder and spending more time in the corners this season after spending months in a pure european league.

Seguin's best years are still way in the future. The Bruins thrive on veteran play. We will see a 100pt season from Seguin, but it might take a few years to get there!

KPD...can we get your point of view?