Thread: Proposal: Dal-Bos
View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 10:07 PM
BigG44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Gladly. But I also like Morrow a lot, but I have not watched a Dallas game in 2 seasons.

Based on what western conference fans say about Morrow on here, he's been awful.
Last year he was. Shockingly, he seems to have put what I thought was a career ending neck/back issue behind him.

He's playing well with Benn and Jagr .. well was. They started eating minuses, but that was a whole line issue. He'll start playing on Dallas' 3rd line tomorrow, but the guys he's playing with are my favorite on the team so it could be a good fit: Cody Eakin and Reilly Smith. The two had great chemistry down in Texas, and they're starting to click in the NHL now.

Early in the year I said Caron was redundant for Dallas based on the players they currently have. I still believe that, but an unexpected young forward, Antonie Roussel, pushed his way into Dallas' Top 9. When Ray Whitney is healthy ... probably later this week .... a move will have to be made. Either Reilly Smith or Roussel go back to the AHL or Morrow is traded. My guess is they are higher on the young guys, and Morrow could be traded soon.

Based on that, I think they would go for Caron right now. Even though he's struggling a bit in the AHL, I know he's picked up his offensive output recently, and he's coming back from a 2nd injury. I think Dallas would go ahead and take him because he's probably the best player available.

GM Joe tends to limit himself to trading big pieces to the Eastern Conference. He thinks Dallas is in the playoff mix so he won't want to help a conference team that could potentially keep Dallas out. Then the NTC comes into play, and you have to consider Morrow is only going to a contender.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote