View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Only player with real value is Markov. Other vets could be packaged with him but that's pretty much all we've got to deal with now. And yes, if he'd waive his NTC I'd definitely be looking to see what I could get for him. NY, Calgary, Philly... all those teams would love to have him and I'd love to get Calgary's 1st. Too bad we didn't do it last year when we had the chance.

Edit: MT is right, Ryder could be worth something but he'd better start scoring soon.
it would have to be a damn good return...

while he's clearly not the full Markov of old, and probably won't get back there ever, he's still really really effective.

and while he's not seemingly the big vocal leader type, how much better this organization plays when he is in the lineup, now as much as before his injuries, it's a strong enough link that it has to be considered.

trading him before the deadline for futures would be a very big negative emotional hit to the group, messing with their confidence short term and even with the "no excuses" mantra, a very tough sell for the coach/organization in terms of building a commitment to excellence.

The return would have to be so good that we'd be crazy to say no... and what lottery destined team is going to give up that top-5 likely pick for a guy with a bum knee and one more year on his contract? even Feaster isn't that dumb.