All Encompassing Tanking/Rebuilding/Selling at Deadline Thread 2.0
View Single Post
03-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Join Date: Oct 2006
Originally Posted by
What can we sell though?
- Travis Moen could be worth a 2nd, at best, and there are rumours he isn't happy here.
- Bourque would have been worth something but he may be out for the season.
- Plekanec is the linchpin for our offense, not tradeable in the given situation.
- Maybe Desharnais if both Galchenyuk and Eller step up, but I'd rather convert him to wing.
On the bright side Tomas Kaberle had 2 assists tonight, went +3, and played 12:36. Looks like Therrien managed his minutes, but if so, there is no reason he should not be able to land a Zidlicky-like return.
I had several arguments in the OP of my surgical tanking thread. To reassess:
- We're not getting a top-5 pick unless we trade with Calgary
- We're unlikely to get another 1st rounder
- We are clearing cap space for the 2013 UFA season, which I predicted would be fantastic.
- We're letting some of our prospects in future. We signed a 6th/7th D (Bouillon) rather than rush Tinordi or Beaulieu to "help us win now", which is good.
reality is, we're definitely not tanking.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by ECWHSWI