View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 11:47 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Beinfest View Post
Of course! I think you're misinterpreting my approach a little bit. I agree with you. But I understand it might be a little difficult to understand what I write because I might seem quite contradictory. I'm just trying to be objective though. I don't think this team stands any real chance. I was just saying that IF the goaltending was the only answer, 5 points was no big deal considering Markstrom was being called up.

5 points is not a lot for a team that has theoretically just fixed their only issue (even though that's not the case). I understand 5 points requires a total change in attitude of a team (more like a 1st place team) to overcome.
I see what you are saying now... but 5 points is a lot for any team ... especially when it has several teams to jump - even if goaltending was the only issue.

With 27 games left, if there was only one team ahead of you, and that team went 13-13-1, you would need to be 16-10-1 to pass them.... and that's only one team playing .500 hockey. One or more of the 4 teams ahead of you in the division or the 6 teams ahead of you in the #8 race will do better than that.

To reach the 55 points where the Panthers statistically would have a good playoff chance, they'd have to go 18-7-2 from here on

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote