View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 10:53 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
See, that's the thing I don't understand about Flyers fans loving the trades. I am not saying that those players are not great. Simmonds, Voracek, ect., are all outstanding players. But the Kings traded to fulfill a need they had. They traded young potential offensive players for the real deal. They needed grit and leadership. They needed a pure goal scorer. So Carter and Richards fill those roles which is why they are great trades.

However, the Flyers need defensemen and goaltending, and they trade for... more offense. I just don't get this. Trading Carter and Richards for younger Carter and Richards. I don't understand how that makes the team any better. What is the difference?

The biggest thing I can see that it gives the Flyers cap room, but they used it all to sign Bryzgalov and I just have no faith in Bryz.
well, Brayden Schenn was arguably "the best prospect in hockey at the time", we got him to replace Richards (at some point). I would assume that Johnson, Voynov, or Bernier couldn't be included with him when the trade was done...

With Carter, we got Voracek as his replacement, and then picked Couturier...but we could have had Hamilton I guess...chose not to...valued Couturier more I guess, BPA is always better.

It's hard not to be happy with the return we got, we basically hit on all 4 principles we got, and Grossmann too as a related trade.

And...these trades were made for pure shakeup reasons...there is no way I can prove it, but its pretty obvious if you ask me. We were having issues with team chemistry, and that's not debatable.

As far as being better, it depends on how you look at it. Giroux gets more ice time, we got 4 players for 2, and those players turned our clock back 3 years...

Clearly, its worked out nicely for both teams.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote