View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 11:40 PM
BlackStar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckieG View Post
The Price hate going on on these boards tonight would actually be funny if most people weren't dead serious.

I don't know about you guys, but I've been watching him since his days in the AHL, and I can tell when what type of game he's going to have from the second he makes that first save. Most nights, you know he's going to be rock solid. But tonight, I don't know if it was just me, I could tell he wasn't on his game, and I'm sure MT also saw that too. I think the bad call was not pulling Price. Every goalie has bad nights, and I'm not blaming Price for this loss, but he was psychologically drained. He couldn't stop a beach ball. I think playing Budaj would have been beneficial in this case just because he wouldn't be so emotionally attached to it.

Other than Price, the overall D was atrocious and thats been happening quite frequently the past few games. Gorges, Markov, Emelin all need to tighten up and the forwards are also the problem here. It seems that every missed opportunity to get the puck out of our zone ultimately ends up in the back of our net. It's simple plays where we should have had possession, where we get too cute with it, and it ends up costing us.

But honestly, I'm not worried. Price should play vs the B's, I know he wants to redeem himself. These games don't happen often, and if we would have won nobody would be complaining, we would all be rejoicing, saying how the team has unbelievable offensive potential, and that this was their favourite game of the year. It's all about perspective, so please refrain from jumping off a cliff, or hunting down Price after tonight. A game doesn't make a season, in wins and in losses. Get over it.
I agree with much of what you said, but it's easy to say that MT should have pulled Price now. Plus, when the game is still anyone's game, you don't pull your number 1 goalie imo. Also, assuming that MT want's Price in for the game tomorrow (I hope so), it's best to leave him in net I think.

Other than that, great post. We need more guys like you around.

BlackStar is offline   Reply With Quote