View Single Post
Old
03-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Joey Bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
He made a good read on that goal, pinching in and following the rebound.

Sustr has alot to work with. But he's 22 yrs old and still rounding out that 6'8 frame. His defense needs work, Bones was right, give him someone like Beuk in Hartford and see what happens.

Also of interest in that game:
Ryan Walters, FA Senior U of NO, one of NCAA top scorers. I really like the offensive tools, very tenacious player and a leader. Has great instincts on the PP.

Bryce Aneloski, RH Dman, U of NO. Nice RH shot on his PP goal, Ottawa 7th rounder in 2010. Rangers took McNaught 6 picks before this guy!?

Mark Zengerle, RH Forward, U of Wisc, hails from Rochester. I really liked how much energy and skill he brings to the table. Makes things happen offensively, playmaker. Undrafted.

Frankie Simonelli, RH Dman U of Wisc. I can't believe this guy only has 6 pts in 33 games this season? Seems like they have put him in more of a defensive role this year. He has one of the best breakout passes in all of College. And his offensive zone passes and shots are hard and quick, not alot of 2nd guessing with this guy. And he plays a tough game for his size.

Brendan Woods, LH Forward U of Wisc. 6'3 Power forward, looks good setting up from the top of the hashmarks and in down low. North south typical PF player but I like his motor. Carolina '12 5th rounder, 10 picks after Calle Andersson.

Around the NCAA:
Harvard vs Quinnipiac, Great 2-1 OT game, Hartzell was very good once again, but Crimson goalie Raphael Girard was equal to the task. Harvard freshman 1st line Center from Choate-CT looks very impressive. Small, but he's got a good case of the dangles, should have had at least another two goals but Hartzell was good.

Juho Olkinuora, G DU, shutout high powered Minny Gophers, that kids gonna get alot of Pro offers after this year.

Matt Nieto with the hat trick vs Vermont. BU goalie Sean Maguire(Pens 4th rounder, 113 overall '12) made 49 of 50 saves and gets 2nd star. SJ '12 5th rounder Danny O'Regan is an offensive machine it seems, 18 yr old leads BU in scoring.

Boston wins 3-2 over Providence. Gaudreau, Whitney and Mullane leading the way, but again, Mike Matheson(Panthers '12 1st rounder, #23 overall, 5 picks before Brady Skjei) freshman Dman does it all for that team. Tough defensive play and very good PP QB, can't say enough about this kid. He was known for his tough defensive play up until this season, what a breakout.
Great read BN. Thanks for the new names

I don't really watch a lot of NCAA hockey so I only know a handful of names. And I am really interested in a goalie for the Rangers so I know I ask for "scouting reports" on players I don't know a lot on this thread. I just personally want to thank you and others for helping me stay updated with all this Free Agent prospect watch.

With this being said, I gotta ask ya BN. Who's Juho Olkinuora?