View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 12:44 AM
PlayBall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
i used to have one in my basement. sure the rink was small..it was in the laundry room on tiles. rink size, oh about 20 feet wide by 50 feet, with some odd crannies such as the washer and furance in some spots. But hey. I was 13. Used to have 6-8 kids packed in there playing hockey. Also used to just skate around in circles on rollerblades and fire tennis balls at my road hockey net. (had an outline of a net taped on the other side)

Rigged it up to a sound system to crank the tunes. Had one of them scoreboard lights rigged up at centre ice just for the heck of it. Lines and all that were done in painters tape..so really I had only blue and green, but whatever. Did advertisements in block letters using the same tape.

Also had banners denoting random moments in that room, and also hanging from the rafters along one end, a 35-40 feet length sign of every NHL team in alphebetical order.

It's still there, sorta...well the lines, banners (some are left hanging..it was made out of printer paper and connected to the roof with scotch tape), and the team logos are there.

Wish I had gotten a picture of it when it was in prime shape. Good memories for sure in there.

Had a name for it too. KHRC (My last name (the K) Hockey Recreational Centre) haha..hey i was 13-14. Was a hit with my friends.
I'm a little jealous. Nice story.

PlayBall is offline   Reply With Quote