View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 12:11 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
This great "tied for first in the east" syndrom. Don't look....but Philly who has been a joke this year is 7 points behind us in 8th place. I just love when people use this "we're 1st" as if we are 30 points ahead of everybody....

We've been pretty good. Price has been pretty good so far. But tonight he was incredibly bad. Yet...we can't say that unless we're going to be told...."but he was great before"....Yes he was...but he was bad tonight! Geez just accept it....
Further to this: The guys on this board who want cups see a storm coming. This team is getting pretty good, and we might contend even next year.

Hence my 40 years of watching Habs tells me we NEED a goalie who can steal games to win cups.

Day to day right now, I have no worries about Price. He's a superb day to day goalie with excellent positioning.

But, I have hope with him, but not trust. Not when it really counts. It's about the cup, not beating the Pens in a mid season game.

I think Price is great, but he has not shown that he will steal us games in the playoffs, under pressure. That worries me.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote