View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 12:55 AM
Ted Black

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayBall View Post
I know that feeling all too well. I just communicate it as well as I can afterwards and move on, try not to get mad. It sucks when you get into those big fat pockets on the middle of the offensive zone and no one hits you with that pass, for no real good reason.

I've managed to explain passing triangles well to my friends who now use it often, because in our league opposing forwards backcheck poorly so there's no point forcing a backdoor pass. They're starting to understand where seams are, and if they see a teammate at the end of it to rip a hard pass. The goals are going to start coming in bunches this season.
I'm not even talking about in the O zone so much. I'm talking, your D gets the puck in your D zone and there's a huge cluster**** of players over there. I'm playing wing and I'm on the weak side all alone. LOOK to the weak side and PASS. It's called a b r e a k o u t paaaasssssss!!!

It's a result of mostly players who don't know any better than to look straight ahead, coupled with a few who are just plain selfish and proceed to cough the puck up at the hashmarks/blueline. bleh