View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 01:09 AM
GoneFullHextall
rustling jimmies

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Coming out of the lockout, we had this conversation because I was told the NHL considers shootouts the statistical equal of ties. I assume that had not been amended in any format. That is limited to shootout losses, not OT losses. I proposed an extreme and obviously unlikely example of a team losing 36 consecutive games via the shootout and whether that would be considered a better streak than going 25-0-10 (25 wins, 10 ties) as did the Flyers. I was told, yes, that 36 straight shootout losses is more impressive than 25-0-10. Imagine losing 36 straight games in the shootout and celebrating that as the longest "unbeaten" feat in history? I guess the word "unbeaten" has to be emphasized with the 25-0-10 mark.
I still cant wrap my head around .500 being 11-11-1. Simple math tells me thats 23 games. 11 wins in 23 games to me isnt .500. Call me old school and hating the shootout. A loss to me is a loss. If the Flyers beat the Rangers next week they will be .500. (12 wins in 24 games) Maybe I am in the minority of that way of thinking. I dont know. I just cant look at it any other way.