View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 05:08 AM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Yeah I figure we're picking no earlier than 5th and could be as late as 10th. If we do have the choice between Monahan & Lindholm, I think I like Monahan a little better due to his size, skating & that he's more balanced in terms of scoring (Lindholm is more of a passer than shooter). If we're picking around 10, I'd be looking at Gauthier (who has been compared to Keith Primeau) or Adam Erne. I think everyone can see right now, we definitely need more size in our lineup and any of those guys would be able to provide that.
If Gauthier keeps rising, he could even challenge Shinkaruk/possibly Nichushkin for the 6th forward off the board. I mean he's gigantic and he skates well enough. I don't think he's ever going to be that dynamic, but he has good enough hands to be a Couturier clone, or maybe better. A grittier version of Couturier that scores more points around the net.

Picking between Monahan and Lindholm is a hard choice. I would probably pick Monahan because he's safer, bigger, and grittier, which is what we need. But I'd love Lindholm too, he can definitely score goals as he showed in the WJC and he is very good defensively even if he isn't that physical. I think you just know more of what you are going to get with Monahan though. You know he's going to be a player, he's going to go to war every night, and be a thorn in the opposing team's side, and bang home the garbage around the net. We need more of that blood and guts hockey.