View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 04:15 AM
Method Man
Bring the Pain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
Sorry for the missing response. Yes, value-wise I think it's in the right direction. As written before, just don't see the Schenns included.

Also, no one can deny the talent Baertschi has but our top-9 on the wings is pretty stacked too.

Hartnell - C - Voracek
Briere - C - Simmonds
Gagne - C - Read

with McGinn,Knuble, Fedotenko,Rinaldo or Talbot as fill-ins and Cousins (2nd in scoring with 98 points in the OHL) and Noebels (PF in the making in the AHL) we have plenty of them.

Would Baertschi be useful? Definetly. Just don't see any need to acquire him for what we'd give up.
Those are the guys under contract this year though, what about next season and beyond? There are Briere rumors and who knows if Gagne will return, Knuble probably won't be back, will Fedotenko and Rinaldo?

With the Flyers not playing so hot this I expect to see a decent amount of turnover and your GM has shown he isn't afraid to move key pieces. I think you could be underestimating the Flyers need for a winger come next fall. My suggestion may even work as a summertime/draft day type deal.

Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote