View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 04:24 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
The Oilers are not going to trade Smid, especially for a downgrade on defence. As nice as it would be to get Horton, the 1st round pick is basically a 2nd rounder for us and I don't think Horton makes up the difference for Hemsky and Paajarvi.
wouldnt you feel way more comfortable with your statement if he was resigned to an extension? whats the holdup? i think smid is going to be wanting north of 5 mill to resign. does a young team on the bubble for making the playoffs and showing obvious needs that could be met with this deal, choose instead to keep a guy they arent prepared to pay?

if you want to tell me youd hate to see Smid dealt... I will tell you I understand. I am asking for him cause I think hed help my bruins alot for this years cup run. But remember again he is an UFA too. Boston cant afford to keep him.

Why cant Edmonton deal him to Boston to give him some experience with a good team... then resign him if they plan to sign him anyhow? Boston could even do a gentleman's agreement to trade Smid's rights back to Edmonton once the season is done.

I mean... theres no law against this right?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is online now   Reply With Quote