View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 04:29 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Flaw is also that I do not see sign and trades happening in the NHL.

I see both Horton and Ference trying the open market
If I had the concusion problems Horton did the last 2 years {both of which he spent the entire offseason as a huge question mark} then I would be very very very very nervous finishing out this year without a contract in place.

Boston has alot of reasons they cant give him one now {they cant afford it}
Edmonton though is in a better situation for their cap management.

As for Ference. I guess I am assuming as an older player he probably doesnt want to move his family around alot as his career winds down. he will never be more then a 5/6 dman. 5/6 dman get dealt alot in their later years. he is ideally suited to be an Oiler having been born in Edmonton and having family/friends in the area as well as playing for calgary before and being happy there. I think its very possible Ference would give up the option of testing UFA if Edmonton gave him a NTC and a long term deal.

I think Edmonton has plenty of reason to be willing to give Ference a long term deal and a NTC if he agrees to a reasonable cap hit. He will get an A and be a huge part of their leadership restructuring along with the kids once Hemsky/Horcorff are moved out to open the spots up.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote