View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 04:46 AM
Mr Writer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
With the D core almost locked up, is there any concern that there might be a bit of a weakness on the backend? Letang's not the most solid defensively and Doughty, though solid at times, isn't picture perfect either. I understand the concern for more mobile Dmen though and with the full top six all but locks to make the team in any other capacity with different personnel might be unwise.
Kieth, Letang, Pietro, Weber, Seabrook, Doughty are how I see it shaping up.
If Letang makes the roster I don't see him as being in the TOP 6, replace him with a left shooting Marc Staal to play with either Weber or AP, the 7th. d-man will be a mobile fast-skating puck moving d-man, but will be relegated to PP time or injury replacement. You're going overkill on the right-handed d-man that are all of a similar sort of skill set. But a bottom pairing of Staal and Letang wouldn't be such a bad experiment to try as well, as both played in the 07 World Juniors and if memory serves did get paired up a bit... I'm sure you remember the thrilling shoot-out in the semis orchestrated by Captain Serious Towes.