View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 06:41 AM
Spikeygrrl
Rookie User

vCash: 500
@Trap Jesus

I have to disagree with your relative rating of the seasons:

To me, Season 1 was cool because it was novel, even though Matt was a dunce all too easily taken in.

Season 2 -- the couples season -- lost my interest completely, especially after the double-premise collapsed so early that the producers had to let the female Schmo in on the secret in order to keep fooling the male Schmo.

However, I am LOVING, LOVING, LOVING Season 3! Mensa won't be calling Chase anytime soon, but he is a pretty sharp guy in the Common Sense sort of way. (He also holds an M.S. in Agronomy, which is not kindergarten stuff!) That he has almost figured out the gag several times, forcing the producers to radically alter on-the-fly their storylines, props, and even casting, has made every minute interesting. I admire Chase for being obviously so driven to win, yet never stooping to skeezy ethics to do it. How many of us, in the same situation, would be able to say the same?

My hope at this point is that Chase will not react to The Big Reveal like poor Schmo 1.0 Matt Kennedy Gould did. He bore up fine on camera...but after the fact was so rattled and humiliated that he developed both major clinical depression and a substance addiction. Fortunately he's thriving again, but gosh I just don't know if I could have lived with myself if I'd been on the production team (I actually did make video for a living for 20 years!) and then found out that we'd ruined this guy's life. What if he'd committed suicide, as some depressed, addicted people do every year? YOW.

Anyhoo, I'm eagerly awaiting the Season 3 finale next week -- aren't you?

Spikeygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote