View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 09:13 AM
86Habs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Trevor View Post
With the D core almost locked up, is there any concern that there might be a bit of a weakness on the backend? Letang's not the most solid defensively and Doughty, though solid at times, isn't picture perfect either. I understand the concern for more mobile Dmen though and with the full top six all but locks to make the team in any other capacity with different personnel might be unwise.
Kieth, Letang, Pietro, Weber, Seabrook, Doughty are how I see it shaping up.
I was at the Canucks-Kings game last night, and Dan Hamhuis was excellent. Nice pinch on the first goal, but more importantly the guy is just very solid defensively. Great mobility, great gap control and positioning, takes the body effectively, and makes quick, smart outlet passes. A very smart, effective player. I've been a proponent of his for a while, but I'd certainly like to see him as a bottom-pairing guy for us.

As an aside, Richards was fairly invisible (I don't see many Kings games, but given his stats this doesn't seem to be unusual). The most effective Kings forward was Justin Williams, and Carter was pretty noticeable as well. Hockey Canada loves Carter, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him at the summer camp. Doughty was good, showed flashes of brilliance, but overall was only pretty good. He left me wanting more. Overall the Kings didn't look great, though.