Thread: Recalled/Assigned: Bennett recalled again on 4/7
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Hophog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsDoors View Post
I feel he could be one of those top 6 wingers and fit just fine on the 2nd line. His abilities are being wasted on the 3rd line by playing with TK. Like someone else said, on the 3rd line he'll just end up being the next Morozov
I'm not against him being on the third line either but I completely agree that he shouldn't be playing with TK. Nobody can create anything with TK. Guys like Matt Cooke and Sutter are predictable. They are going to go to certain areas that "make sense" in certain situations. For example, Matt Cooke cutting the net last night when Sutter had the puck a few feet away on his back hand. He made it easy for Sutter to make a short little pass into an area that turned into a great scoring opportunity. I have no idea where Kennedy would have been in the same situation, and I doubt any of his teamates would have either but I'm guessing he would have headed to the corner instead of the net and taken the pass from Sutter around the back of the net for a bad angle shot from the wall.

I would really like to see Bennett cut his teeth playing with smart players who are in the areas of the smart plays. He can worry about becoming creative once he has confidence and the game slows down for him.

Hophog is offline   Reply With Quote