Thread: Proposal: Boston/Edmonton
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 10:42 AM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
Im guessing that the idea would be to grab a rental like Perry giving up a pick/prospect package. Boston does have plenty of cap room for this season to do that type of move.

I think personally, a smarter idea would be to make a trade that has potential to solve long term needs for the team in addition to helping this year too. Of course, my suggestion carries with it alot more risk. The reason there are so many 'rental' deals done each year is they are low risk/low return type moves and alot easier to stomach.

Do many of them ever work out though? Whether Boston rents someone this year or not... they still face a cap crunch next year. I think with the team's core so solid... plans should be aimed at winning for the next 3-5 years and not just only this one single season.
OK,

For this season yes it would make sense for the Bruins to add. I was thinkiing more about next year.

Perry is very unlikely though. Anaheim is playing great this year. They may well take their chances and go for a deep playoff run. It would take a substantial offer for the Ducks to deal him unless he has told them he will not resign. Even then there will be lots of teams in the hunt.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote