View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 11:29 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Maybe he can be the saving grace of the Grabovski trade?
I'd like to see him get quicker but the interesting part about his development is that he's shown solid improvement each year. After he was drafted he was supposed to go back to the USHL and then hit the NCAA at 19 (which would have meant he could have used the loop hole to become a UFA after his 3rd year at Michigan) but the team he was set to go back to folded so Michigan brought him on a year early instead.

While he wasn't a regular until his Junior year, he showed improvement year over year and then last year as a Senior everything really came together for him while paired with Mac Bennett. He was very impressive last at times last year especially in his own end and physically as he can dish out some big time hits, but this year in the short amount of games he's played for the Dogs he's looking even better as his offensive game has really clicked and he seems to have a lot of confidence with it now. At Michigan I thought he showed some flashes of offense but in his 4 years he has a total of 6 goals yet in 21 AHL games he already has 4 goals and 2 of them were highlight reel types.

So if he continues to improve, as he'll turn 23 in a couple months, he could be someone that gets some NHL action next year when injuries hit over the long season. Should be a lot of fun to see how he would do as he has NHL size and knows how to use it, has a cannon of a shot, plays smart in his own end, can play in all situations. In the past I thought his skating and foot speed might hold him back but it doesn't appear to be as he is the current top defensemen on the team, he's been that good and at both ends of the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
He might become a good replacement for Weber. Bigger, stronger and a right hand shot on top of that.
He's got a cannon of a shot and I think fans will like him as he can throw some big hits but plays a smart game as he picks his spots well.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote