Old
03-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Great read BN. Thanks for the new names

I don't really watch a lot of NCAA hockey so I only know a handful of names. And I am really interested in a goalie for the Rangers so I know I ask for "scouting reports" on players I don't know a lot on this thread. I just personally want to thank you and others for helping me stay updated with all this Free Agent prospect watch.

With this being said, I gotta ask ya BN. Who's Juho Olkinuora?
No problemo, I love watching College games. The FA's in College this year are some of the best I've seen in recent years, very excited to see who we land after the season. If we don't get anyone that will suck.

Olkinuora was behind a few Finnish netminders, so he came over to North America to play midget with intent to get a college interested. Played briefly for USHL Stampede, his coach ironically was Kevin Hartzell, father of Eric Hartzell who we are discussing as a potential FA signee as well.

Last year, his first year in Denver he split equal time with two other goalies. This year he's been the main man and finally got the oppurtunity to show what he's capable of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Nate Schmidt is someone I'd really like, but after getting burned by Schultz I don't want to get my hopes up.

Exactly the kind of player we need, though.

Would be even better if he were a right-handed shot.
He plays the right side very well for a LH shot. Last night, even though he didn't get an assist, he setup Bjugstads GWG on the PP by racing to the right boards to keep a high, hard clearing pass in the zone.