View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
His case is curious for this : It's his 2nd complete season only in the NHL. In his first complete season, he dominated and put up 60 points, while helping Pacioretty and Cole to achieve career seasons. Every other fanbase would be thrilled to have such a player on their team, especially since he's a local player, especially considering his personal story (undrafted, had to prove himself at every level since ECHL, etc.).

Actually, the Montreal fanbase IS thrilled to have him, as expected. But hey, this is the Habs HFBoards. And this is where his case becomes curious : Where did he find that many bashers, here, specifically? Why are people not more excited about having such an offensive force, a local player, who cost almost nothing, with a cinderella story, on the team? Why?

I've been here for long enough. This story repeats itself again and again. Let's not pretend we don't know why.
He did have a great season, I dare anyone to say other wise. In fact, I don't think anyone can say otherwise. There are factors in his great season that have been discussed (such as his relatively easy ice time, PP time etc), but that's already been discussed ad nauseam.

However you are leaving out/dismissing many of the factors that are being discussed. Such as his current on ice play, which does leave much to be desired, especially defensively. Offensively he's been pretty good.

But to get to your point, I have yet to see one person bash him for being a Francophone to be honest. I have seen a ton of people use this as a blanket reason to dismiss others, but I have honestly yet to see if as a reason why he should be traded. And if I missed it, and someone did say it, they are idiots. Ignore them, don't play into the idiocy. However it is important to point that there is the same idiocy going on at the opposite end of the debate. Neither, nor are constructive IMO.

We should probably get back to speaking about Desharnais now, to be honest.