View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 11:47 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Watched some of the North Dakota game, thought MacMillan had another strong showing and his screeen setup one goal.

Michigan and Dartmouth get home ice for the opening round of the playoffs next weekend. Both teams must advance or their season is over. Will be interestsing to see if it's Walsh's last games in the NCAA as they face rival Havard and Michigan gets Northen Michigan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Don't look now but Nystrom now has .5 PPG in the Allsvenskan. 11 points (5 goals, 6 assists) in 22 games, and it took him about 9 games to get comfortable playing at this level. I wish I had more of a personal account of his play, but the numbers are very encouraging for a 6th round pick.
Good to see him putting up points although I was hoping he would have gotten more time with Modo this year but at least he's not in the junior league since he is older as he turns 20 in the fall. I haven't paid any attention to Modo this year vs last year so I don't know the situation as to why he got in a bunch of games last year but none this year. It's funny that going into the year he was outscoring Collberg in the SEL 2 pts to 0. Should be interesting to see if the Habs actually have something in Nystrom or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Let's hope that Thrower starts playing better and has a much better year next year 'cause if not, he's done being a Hab.
why would he be done being a Hab?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Doesn't he have to sign first?
Kristo can sign either an NHL contract or an AHL contract, but not until his season is over which would depend on how they do at the Frozen Four tournament which starts at the end of the month as North Dakota has 2 games left in the regular season and then the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
Nygren with two assists and a shootout goal (GW). He sits fifth in scoring (31points)among defencemen in the SEL and first in goals with 13.
Colberg did not have a point.
Good to hear he's 1st in goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
He sure does. But unlike CHL players, he can only do that when his season is over.
correct. The Habs have to sign Kristo before August 15th, if North Dakota goes to the finals it would be mid-April when his season would end. Will be interesting to see what management would do with him, as Hamilton likely won't be in the playoffs unless they get a ton of help from other teams or perhaps they could just have him work out with the Hamilton call ups.