View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Man, I hope not. I don't see very much NHL potential in the guy like you do, but I love him in that mentor role in hamilton.

That team needs vets not named stortini.
It's not like I think he's the kind of guy who will score 30 points in the NHL. But he's such a smart player that I have a hard time believing he couldn't play 15-18 minutes of safe hockey a night. If he was in Bouillon's role, I don't think much would change except we'd be less physical but have a better first pass. And our PP might look a bit better. I still hate that Frankie is on it.

Similar to our 4th line now. They aren't going to score, but they rarely hurt us. They do their job of filling minutes while the top guys rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
Why would he leave (or why would the Habs not re-sign him ?) The guy has not played yet ONE pro season. He was injured for more than 50% of the Dogs' season so far.

With Kaberle, Weber, Bouillon (?) gone next year, there is place for a guy like him on the roster.
I agree there might be room for him as a #7 next year, but we'll see. Weber might not leave. He's young, controllable, and we still have no idea what he offers over the long-run. No one is going to overpay for him, so i don't really see a situation where we don't keep him unless we can get a 5th rounder or better for him.

I'm not saying the Habs wouldn't be interested in signing him again, but that was meant if we suffered 2 injuries tomorrow, and Pateryn or Tinordi got the call over him. I don't think he'd be too happy. If he has a chance at the NHL, he'll take it. Hell, Ottawa might even have a spot for him and it's close to him. I mean, they are using Andre Benoit.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote