View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 12:03 PM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
again, terrific offensively - especially when he plays with north south shooters but easily over-matched along the boards and terrible defensively. we saw the best and worst of him last night. Habs are going to have to make a decision if they can live with that lack of two-way game + size in a top 2 center.
I mostly agree (he is not "easily" over-matched along the boards imo; his compete level is really high and somewhat, partially, compensate his blatant lack of strenght) but based on how Therrien is distributing the TOI, I would replace “top 2 C” with “secondary scoring centre”. Plekanec’s line will always play against the tougher competition (he is a borderline elite 2 ways centre; only a few steps behind guys like Datsyuk and Bergeron imo) but on any given night, our “2nd” or “3rd” line can be our best line.

As long as Desharnais’ contract remains cap friendly, he is a valuable asset: elite vision, high compete level, no bs/low maintenance attitude... just use the “saved” money elsewhere!

Thus far, 3 well balanced lines + a sound 4th seem to be working and I would be willing to move forward with the same recipe.

Just for the record: Desharnais is physically weak even when you compare him to small players like Gionta, Saint-Louis, Bouillon... and he sometimes looks lost once our opponents gain control in our zone. That’s why I would be the first one to wish him luck... with his new team if he is looking for a 4M$+ contract!

Right now, with an alert coach behind the bench, he is a chirurgical deadly weapon. And I can also picture him taking a home town discount.

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 03-03-2013 at 12:12 PM.