View Single Post
03-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Mr Writer
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mehar View Post
Any thoughts on Evander Kane or Matt Moulson making it? I would have said no about three weeks back, but having watched them both play a couple of times on the dish this past week or so, i am warming up to them as possibilities. On the big ice, Moulson or Kane next to a guy like Tavares would be a good look. Anyone else agree?
Evander is a power forward and despite he's great skating, I don't think he is well suited for a big ice European game where a lot of the play goes east west, Kane is a north-south kind of player. At least what I've seen of him on big ice, he's been rather disappointing. Looks as though he will get another shot at the World Championships this spring, so it's his last chance to impress the folks at hockey Canada if he hopes to make it. I'm betting he doesn't quite make the cut. re: Moulson given that he's been available to play at the WC for the past few years and is always ignored by HC I doubt HC gives him any serious consideration for the Olympics. But who knows this is a Stevie Y run venture and he is more open minded than some of the folks at HC.