View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Well, he certainly has progressed the way you would hope a 2nd round pick would. He's still young, but I think that Chevy might have whiffed on this one. Whatever happens, I hope that the Jets take a balanced approach to drafting players and don't over-emphasis size and grit. They need some high end talent up front in the system as well.
It is far too early in my view to assess whether or not management "whiffed on this one", as you also noted that he is still quite young. Guys progress at different rates. He still projects as a potential 3rd or 4th line energy/checking guy in the NHL right now, is a guy that competes hard, and he is a kid of good character. I think he deserves at least a few years at the pro level in the A prior to assigning any designation toward his future worth.

BTW, while everyone has in the past focused near solely on stats whenever Sutter is discussed on this board, I'd like to add that he is also the assistant captain of a team that has won its past 18 consecutive games.

Last edited by Gump Hasek: 03-03-2013 at 12:28 PM. Reason: hideous spelling
Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote