View Single Post
03-03-2013, 01:33 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
Okay...DD's PDO is he is going to get better with time and was unlucky.
The SV% is above 91% and above for EVERY OTHER FORWARDS ON THE TEAM......but when DD's on the ice, Price suddenly start to suck back to 88.9% (oups Pacioretty is there at 89.7%...sorry)

Nevermind the facts that:

1- DD's got the worst +/- on the team
2- DD is behind White, Eller and Plek in the faceoff
3- DD manage only 4 points in PP while getting top minutes (65m49 in PP)
4- DD was on the ice for 15 goals, 5 more goals than ANY forward on this team
5- DD got 8 minors penalties, leading the team behind White and Prust
First, HOW CONVENIENT to forget Eric Cole in your analysis. Cole is right there with ,891 -- 983.

That indicates that the whole line was somewhat unlucky.

1- Bad PDO explains bad +/-. If anything, that's the whole point of the stat.

2- DD is indeed behind Eller, Plek and White in the faceoffs. He's also within the margin of error (3%) of Plekanec, and BARELY out of the margin of error for Eller. He's quite far of Ryan White, but nobody suggests White should take his spot anyways. He's also ahead of Galchenyuk, but I'd rather not make an argument with this.

3 - Points on the PP? Really? Considering that a player can screen the goalie (something DD did quite effectively a few times this year, mind you) or make a pass or win a faceoff, without getting an assist, it's hard to take THAT argument seriously.

4 - See point 1. Besides, your 4th point is basically your 1st point with a different wording...

5 - I concede that the minor penalties are annoying, and one of the reasons why I think we should look for other options, should he ask for more than 3.5 millions. This said, is he that worst than Lars Eller in that regards?

Eller took 1 minor per 2656,8 seconds.
DD took 1 minor per 2630,3 seconds.

With appropriate rounding, both took 1 minor per 44 minutes of IT (43,8 for DD, 44,1 for Eller... or something like that). Considering Eller played roughly 265 minutes and that DD played roughly 350 minutes, both players would, statistically speaking, have the same number of minors, should they had played the same minutes than the other.

Last edited by MXD: 03-03-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: I just said the opposite of what I meant at bolded.