Thread: Proposal: Trade Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I wish we could time lock threads so we can lock trade threads after losses.

Well, let me help this along.

UFA's; Hannan, Yip, Mason

RFA's; Hornqvist, Spaling, Halischuk, Josi, Blum

Dumont and Lebda's buyouts come off the books so that's more cap space.

If, and I repeat IF, the Preds can continue selling out I honestly believe this team can be a 60 million team with a trade budget of 2 million.

Roster wise, the Preds need minimum 8 players with nearly 19 million under the cap.

That being said, this half season is not over. I only see Columbus, Washington, Florida, and the Islanders as the only seller so far.
Im glad someone else trying to look at next year. Of those not under contract next year who do they keep. Hornqvist, Josi for sure Im betting they keep Yip because of salary this will take 7 mil leaving 12mil for 5 players if nothing else is done. Bring up Watson and Latta that roughly 2 mil leaving 10 mil and 3 roster spots.

Many people think the team is one player away so that will work for them. And I expect this is the direction the front office will take. IF the ownership is comfortable enough they will replace Trotz and maybe Poile as well. If that is the case I would expect Legwand, Fish, SK, And Gaustad to all be moved as well. Im not sure ownership is ready to go that route. Blowing up the team will effect attendance then again icing the same next year will do the same. Honestly we have little way of knowing what there going to do.

There is no doubt that something has to change, the team is just not competitive night in night out with playoff caliber teams.

If you look at the cap next year the eam is in better shape than most. The Blackhawks are going to really have some tough decisions to make. That in no way means the Preds will be in consideration for any of the Hawks plaers that are going to have to be dumped we will most likley get Flyer rejects and the Hawk players will move East.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote