View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Drydenwasthebest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
There's plenty of posters like that for every fanbase. They exist everywhere and there's no benefit to drawing attention to the vocal minority. I mean remember when Ryder, Halak, and a 2nd would garner the return of ANY player in the league not named Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin?
I think it is a bit over the top to compare the "Eager + 2nd for Eller" and the "Eller is not even worth Eager" types to Habs fans who thought a 30 goal scoring winger, a starting goaltender, and a 2nd round pick (turned out to be Subban, I believe!) were worth quite a bit more than many other teams' fans did. Ryder scored 27 goals and 53 points the following season in Boston and was a decent player on a Stanley Cup winning team. Halak became the starting goalie for the Blues, winning 58 games with a GAA of under 2.15 and a .912 save percentage in 112 games over 2.5 seasons. As stated, that 2nd became Subban (I might be wrong, but am almost certain). That offer was not scrubs or spare parts. I also do not remember that being the offer for ANY All Star player not named Crosby, Malkin, or Ovechkin. I also remember the offer becoming used more and more as a joke by other fan bases than as an actual offer by Habs fans.

Come on, try and compare apples to apples, not apples to coconuts, please.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote