View Single Post
03-03-2013, 01:12 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I've been watching some of the Phantom games of late and was struck by a few things I'd like to pass along.

Wellwood has taken a step back. In the offseason we didn't even consider this guy a prospect anymore because he was so much of a "lock". Not only did mcginn and Harry z pass him by but I'd say I was far more impressed with a number of the Phantoms then Wellwood. Even Bordson who barely earned a AhL deal has been better.
Akeson may have defensive issues but he is essentially the entire offense down there. Noebels Sim and Laliberte help but man this team just can't seem to generate offense if akeson isn't on the ice.
IMO the guy who has made the biggest improvement from the start of the season till now is Konan. No he isn't NHL material by any stretch just yet but he has been quite impressive considering he couldn't make the team out of camp.
Thanks for the write up. I was watching a good amount of Phantoms during the lockout and Konan was someone who I thought looked pretty good in limited action. Hopefully he will keep progressing.