View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 01:18 PM
JackSlater

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehar View Post
Any thoughts on Evander Kane or Matt Moulson making it? I would have said no about three weeks back, but having watched them both play a couple of times on the dish this past week or so, i am warming up to them as possibilities. On the big ice, Moulson or Kane next to a guy like Tavares would be a good look. Anyone else agree?
Moulson is a quality hockey player, but I highly doubt he gets a look for the Olympics. Fairly or not, he is widely viewed as a product of Tavares. He will probably get an invite to the WC this year, and he would have to be excellent there to have any chance.

Kane is a player that I am really warming up to. Great speed and good size, and importantly he isn't a player who needs the puck on his stick at all times to be effective. In the Winnipeg games I've seen this year I have been quite impressed with him on the forecheck, and I could see him being used as the guy doing dirty work on a line for Canada.

I would be pretty interested in seeing something like Kane - Crosby - Tavares, with Kane's responsibilities mainly being forechecking, digging in the corners, creating space and finishing quality opportunities. It should be clear that Crosby needs to play with straight line players who are willing to get dirty, and I think Kane could fit the bill.