View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 01:26 PM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Folks are saying they don't have faith... they don't trust him in the playoffs... so yeah they kind of are saying he's a bum.

What goalie would you rather have going for you? I mean Lundqvist has been great, ditto with Rinne but they've never won and they've played with better teams. Again, I don't see anyone who I'd rather have leading my team now.
I don't know if Lundqvist has played with better teams that much. Last year yes, but that's it. The rangers weren't very good the past few years.

Same for Nashville, they have zero offense. If anything there's a ton of pressure on Rinne to be perfect. And he plays in the stronger western conference.

Now, as I said in the past, there is 3 ways to look at it. Past performances, current play and potential. You seem to give a lot more weight to potential. That's ok. I'm not saying Price sucks and I'm not saying i'd rather have other goalies. I'm merely trying to say that Price has a lot to prove still. I think there's a good chance that he will do it, but it could also never happen. It's possible he never takes the next step. I think the contract he got was very premature but whatever, I can see why Bergevin did it.

As I said, by the end of the year, we will have a much much better idea of where Price stands. There are no excuses anymore. Price is 26, he has a long term deal, he has a backup who everyone knows is the backup, the team is playing great hockey in front of him, he has experience. There are no excuse for playing average. He needs to step up his game to that level he reached in 2010-11, and maybe even exceed it.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote