Thread: Proposal: Trade Thread
View Single Post
03-03-2013, 01:37 PM
I love GoOoOlD
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Trading what? Yet another first? 24 year old, still inconsistent Blum?

Iginla, if traded, makes sense for a team that's close. If you've watched any games this season, you know that this team isn't "close" at the moment.

Save your assets. If you make the playoffs, great...but we're not in position to load up. Trading our first the last two years has left the prospect cupboard about as bare as its been in ten years. Keep picks, try to pick up or two more, and throw some cash at an unusually good free agent class this summer, including some interesting names that may end up in compliance buyout.

Team badly needs two top six forwards, at least one of whom is a legit first liner, and a second pairing defenseman to play with Klein. You're not getting all or any of that via trade.

I said, that's what I would love, fantasy land, not what's capable. many her scream we need a center. Problem is that based on stats, Colin Wilson is a top line center in the NHL right now. LW you have 2 2nd liners and a 3rd liner. RW you have 2 2nd liners. If anything, it's the underachieving wings.

Also you have to consider Nashville's defensive system. This is where I suck. I claim to know nothing. Defensively, the Preds have looked like **** in my eyes. If you can shutout a team you only need one goal to win.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote