View Single Post
03-03-2013, 01:38 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
Fucale will not fall out of the 1st round and Comrie, Martin, and Jarry won't fall out of the 2nd, IMO. If we're looking at goalie prospects in the 3rd and 4th round, it'll be guys like Desrosiers, Eamon McAdam, Juuse Saros, Cal Petersen, and Marcus Hogberg.

Anyways, I came here to rave about the dmen in this draft. I know everyone talks about how the 2012 draft was loaded with dmen and this one is loaded with forwards. But I really like a lot of dmen in this draft. Jones, Ristolainen, Pulock, Nurse, Morrissey, Zadorov, and Hagg are all really solid players and all should go top 20, IMO. If the Leafs draft outside the top 20, and the second tier of centres like Lazar, Gauthier, and Wennberg are off the board while one of the guys above are still available, they should really be tempted to take him. A surplus in high end D prospects is not at a bad thing.

And even in the late 1st/early 2nd there's a second tier of solid D prospects like Steve Santini, Madison Bowey, Chris Bigras, Shea Theodore, Ian McCoshen, Keaton Thompson, and Mirco Mueller. I would be very pleased if the Leafs took one of these guys with their 2nd as well.
I agree completely. I think the defenseman in this draft could be very strong. The top end forwards in this draft are something special, but I think after those first few special forwards, there is a lot of strong dman to go with some strong forwards. After Barkov/MacKinnon/Jones/Drouin/Lindholm/Monahan/Nichuskin, I think from 8-40, there is about two levels of players that are pretty close together.

I'm a huge Mirco Mueller fan. The guy is going to be a stud.