View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 02:47 PM
theIceWookie
#LeafHysteriaAlert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
My not so bold prediction for this year's trade deadline...teams are not going to be trading away this year's 1sts and 2nds. If we trade players like Liles for picks expect those picks to be in next years draft.
I'm not so sure I agree. I mean in one sense, yeah 1st's aren't going to be tossed around like they aren't worth much. I don't think you're going to see second tier guys go for first rounders but that time has been gone for a long time.

If guys like Perry/Iggy/Kipper are available, then you will certainly see first rounders being traded. I see no reason why a team like Chicago/Boston/Pittsburgh wouldn't be willing to use their firsts to get that guy to help push them to a win.

As for 2nd rounders, I think they will be traded quite easily. We've already seen 7 of them moved and I see no reason why more couldn't be used. Especially in a draft like this one. They will be more valuable and to teams out of the playoff picture, they will be a valuable commodity to grab.

Guys say this every year. I think the only thing causing first rounders/second rounders to not be traded is the market and the players available. Look at the PRedators last year. If the market is thin, then yeah I might agree with you. But I don't expect that to be the case.

I expect first rounders and 2nd rounders to be moderately moved.