View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I don't know if Lundqvist has played with better teams that much. Last year yes, but that's it. The rangers weren't very good the past few years.

Same for Nashville, they have zero offense. If anything there's a ton of pressure on Rinne to be perfect. And he plays in the stronger western conference.
The Rangers have guys who can score. The Preds had Suter and Weber. Price has had.. nobody really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Now, as I said in the past, there is 3 ways to look at it. Past performances, current play and potential. You seem to give a lot more weight to potential. That's ok. I'm not saying Price sucks and I'm not saying i'd rather have other goalies. I'm merely trying to say that Price has a lot to prove still. I think there's a good chance that he will do it, but it could also never happen. It's possible he never takes the next step. I think the contract he got was very premature but whatever, I can see why Bergevin did it.

As I said, by the end of the year, we will have a much much better idea of where Price stands. There are no excuses anymore. Price is 26, he has a long term deal, he has a backup who everyone knows is the backup, the team is playing great hockey in front of him, he has experience. There are no excuse for playing average. He needs to step up his game to that level he reached in 2010-11, and maybe even exceed it.
What excuses are you talking about?

He's really only started three playoffs. The first he's 20 years old and wins a round in a Game 7 shutout and then loses in the 2nd.

The 2nd time we're totally outplayed. Nobody could save us from the beatdown. That's not an excuse it's a fact.

The 3rd time he's spectacular. We lose in game 7 but it's in spite of him.

Meanwhile he's racked up a great resume that I've already shown you. There's no reason to doubt him at this point. I'm not sure why you're talking about excuses... he doesn't need any. Unless you're upset about the fact that he didn't lead us to the 2nd round last year because we missed the playoffs...

Also, I'm not sure what it is you're demanding from the guy. Does he have to win a cup this year? If he doesn't then we can't trust him? I mean what exactly does the guy have to do to win some faith?

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote