View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 02:19 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBarRegular View Post
It seems to me you don't even let him begin the last year of his contract. You either have to give him an extension or fire him. There's no sense letting him be a lame duck coach in the final year of his contract.

IMO, Richards should be the coach going forward. Hard to argue with the fact that he has the team playing with passion, discipline, and hard work. Get the guy some talent to compete with and those three traits will pay off.

That said, pro sports is a business and JD and JK will likely bring in their own guy. And, I have no problem with that. As long as the team starts winning, I'm happy.
Fitting with the business model thus far from JD (firing Howson before the offseason, already having "his" guy ready) and JK (firing Larsson well before his contract expiration in July) I can easily see Richards being a "One and Done" coach here, but if your going to be taking lumps for a few seasons while the new guys re-organize, strategize and build, it would seem to make a lot of sense to go ahead and give Richards his final year at the helm anyways, assuming he continues to play ball and he continues to have these players playing hard each and every night. I don't see him openly calling for an extension, certainly not when the guys that hired him are gone or reassigned. Richards will handle this professionally, and I think thats what his bosses are counting on. Richards will be a company man, and he'll get glowing reviews and references for it from JD and JK.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote