View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 02:31 PM
dimi78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Us trying to put back lines that use to be amazing haven't worked for Kuli-Grabo-Mac might be the same for Lupul-Bozie-Kessel.

If we can reignite some old magic...

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel (This line had 2 PPG guys last year)
Kulie - Grabo - MacA (If they could go back to 3x 60pt form)
JvR - Kadri - Frattin (Potential on this line)
Komarov - McClement - Orr (a pain in the but line to play against)

_____ - Phaneuf
Gardiner - ______
Fraser - Franson (has been an amazing 3rd pair for us this year)

Reimer (If he can return to his rookie year play)
Scrivens (Capable of holding the fort back up)

If some lines can get back into their old form, then our offence could be among the leagues best. Issues is Kessel/Grabo/Kulie/Lupul haven't looked great this year, the little Lupul has played.

Need shut down guys to play with Phaneuf and Gardiner, not sure if Gunnar/Komisarek/Liles/Holzer are able to fill it adequately.
It amazes me that people complain about how the team played last season with references of run and gun all the time yet we get so many posts with that line together again when it's purpose has changed... Mac doesn't fit on that line period, it's a shut down line that is matched heavily vs the oppositions best Mac is instantly a liability cause he's the type of player that when he's not scoring he's not doing anything else to a degree of effectiveness to help his line mates out to win games. That's why last season he was dropped down to the 4th line at times and even this year if it wasn't for injuries he was playing himself off the team

Still no love for Kostka and Holzer I see... I guess there will be many people on here who will be shocked that these 2 are going nowhere and will be on the team playing where they are well into next season never mind this year.

dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote