: Injury Report:
3/30: Letang (toe) 7-10 days | Martin (hand) 6 weeks | Crosby (****-ton of novacane)
View Single Post
03-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Join Date: Aug 2003
Someone help a brutha out here.
I thought the NHL protocol (or at a minimum the Penguins protocol) is:
1. Rest / heal up after concussion
2. Start skating on your own, see how you feel.
3. If you feel good you can skate with the team BUT
4. You can't take contact until you get the IMPACT test first
Question 1: Is there a difference between the IMPACT test and the "baseline" test?
5. Then you practice with contact
6. Then you take ANOTHER test the next day to see if your score changed
Question 2: If you repeat 4-6 a couple times and your scores do not decline after taking hits in practices, you can be cleared to play in games?
View Public Profile
Darth Vitale's albums
Find More Posts by Darth Vitale