Thread: Proposal: Trade Thread
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Top 6 Spaling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashville615 View Post
It does not matter who we get if Lewand, SK, and Fisher continue to get top line minutes while Smith plays with Clune 10 min a game. Something is going to have to get through no necks head that the young guns are the energy of this team not Legwand and SK.
I will preface with this: I agree with you 100% that Smith should be playing 1st line minutes. It frustrates me as well, but here's how Trotz sees it.

With young players, Barry (and other coaches around the league) take a long term approach. Just because a player is producing and looks good does not mean they are buying into the system. Trotz would rather limit Smith's time now until he is better defensively and systematically. He did the same thing with Wilson, and now that Wilson can play in all three zones, he is getting a ton more playing time. Trotz thinks it's worth being a bit worse in the short term to ensure the right developmental track for these prospects in the long-term.

Again, I don't necessarily agree with his methods, but that's the way he sees it.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote