View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 04:16 PM
bigdirty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Goalies are so much of a shhtshow that I'd rather spend a 2nd/3rd/4th on Jarry/Martin/Comrie than a 1st on Fucale. Just not enough separating them to warrant a 1st IMO.
49 saves last night for Fucale, plus stopped everyone in the shootout for the win. I'm not trying to pick on you or anything, it's just that I've been watching Fucale for two years now, and I just don't like this idea that because goalies are hard to predict they're not worth drafting early.
I still remember when the Montreal board freaked out because they drafted Carey Price instead of Gilbert Brule. It was very funny. But of course they made a good choice, and they did it because they believed Price would be a franchise goalie and they couldn't pass him up. I really do believe that Fucale is on that same level.
Obviously none of us know how the Leafs scouts feel about him, but if they really believe he's going to be a franchise goalie, they damn well better pick him. If they don't like him, I'll defer to their judgement, though he just keeps proving over and over how good he really is.