View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 03:22 PM
yianik

vCash: 500
When I look at the top UFA forwards coming up in the next couple of years I get excited at the idea of us landing one of those big fish. Thing is, if you step back its not so rosy. Its not like the NHL of years ago where you had guys regularly hitting 40-50 goals a year fairly reliably. Look at some big guns that got signed not so long ago, like Kovalchuk, Hossa, ,Parise last year, they are getting big money ( though Hossa is a deal ) and they are getting like $6-8 M a year and on pace for maybe 30-35 goals. The guys coming up as UFA for the most part had one or two great seasons and were drooling for them. Dont know, is it better to have Cole and Patches at $9M scoring about 70 goals between then than say a Corey Perry hitting 35-40 goals at $8M ? I actually think Id be happier to get a guy who can score 30 but bring another element, like hitting ie Clarkson ( I know hes lighting it up this year ). Were doing pretty well rolling 3 offensive tilted lines, maybe we should focus on being able to do that, sign our own RFAs and stay away from the mega-contract for who we think will continue to be a gamebreaker. Dont know, just thinking out loud.