View Single Post
03-03-2013, 03:40 PM
Bennett Brauer
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
I have a feeling Bennett is going back down. It's STUPID, of course, but look at his ice time. Disco doesn't trust him. He's not a grinding journeyman. He has a brain. He's not on the same page as Disco.

Also, Boychuk only lands back in Carolina (and then their AHL affiliate) if a) Carolina claims him again (likely) and b) no other NHL team puts in a claim (not a given). If someone does, he heads there (and again must stay in the NHL, or else the process starts all over again).
Nah, I doubt Bennett gets sent down, he's producing. He's surprised me with his physical play though, he's been delivering some good hits.

As for Boychuk, if we put him on waivers, Carolina is claiming him and putting him in Charlotte, no doubt in my mind.

We simply can't afford paying Cooke whatever money he'll get to play on the fourth. And Disco will never demote a guy like Cooke to the fourth line. He's on the second unit, after all.

As for Dupuis, let him sign a rich deal somewhere else, so we no longer have this Dupuis dilemma (first line, third line, etc.) anymore
Cooke is an awesome 3rd liner, good defensively and a solid PKer. He got $1.8M a year his last contract extension, I can see him making the same or less.

I would re-sign Dupuis also, give him a raise. You may think it's a dilemma, but Dupuis is a guy that can play LW or RW, and play on any line in any situation, not necessarily a dilemma. More or less an advantage. He's good on Sid's wing, and he would solidify our 3rd line. How about we don't bring back Kennedy and push hard for a winger for Crosby (whether it's this season or the summer). Bring back Cooke and Dupuis for the 3rd line, have Bennett be Malkin's LW, have Kunitz on Crosby's LW with a new addition on the RW.