View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdirty View Post
Having no Trey Lewis must have hurt as well. I was worried about our depth on D after the trade deadline and I think my worries were well founded.

As much as I love this team, and as much as I do believe we have great chance at the QMJHL title, I just can't see this team winning the Memorial Cup.
Yes, it's a very short tournament so anything can happen, but the defense that teams like Portland and London have are just on a whole other level. Portland especially. Aside from Seth Jones they've also got Derrick Pouliot, the 8th overall pick last year, Troy Rutkowski, their captain and former 5th round pick averaging around a PPG, and Tyler Wotherspoon, a 2nd round pick who made Team Canada for the WJC. London's no slouch with guys like Olli Maatta and Scott Harrington.
We just don't come anywhere close to matching those teams on defense.
I was also worried about the defense after the deadline.

The thing is that a GM needs to build his team to win the league they play in. You can't worry about the Memorial Cup because it's such a crap shoot.

Even with the questions on defense, I still think we are the team to beat for the QMJHL title. You then take your chances in the Memorial Cup.

IMO London is overrated.