Thread: Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund V
View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 04:10 PM
Finnsane
Feed the population

vCash: 50
Granlund gave an interview to Urheilulehti: http://www.urheilulehti.fi/jaakiekko...nut-muuttamaan

I'm just gonna translate Granlund's quotes for you.

(On Yeo's line lottery) "It's obviously not easy when your position and guys around you change all the time. We are looking for right combinations. As a player there's not much you can do but to be ready for the next game."

"Every day I learn a lot and have made progress on lot of things. The game is so much different here that it has taken time to adapt to this gamestyle. I have to get my confidence better. When you start to notice that your game is getting better, then you are heading for the right direction."

"When heading towards offensive zone, lot of the game is played near the boards. It's a lot of fighting on the boards. There's not much room in the offensive zone. You have to constantly keep your legs and puck moving, you can't just wait in the corner for someone to pass you so that you can make a play."

"I've had to change my offensive game quite a lot from what it was in Finland and Europe. In Finland, you'd get one gy to put pressure on you but you'd also have a lot more space. You had time to look around, here it's different. Still have a lot of work to do."

Maybe not the best translations but you'll get the point.