View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 04:15 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

vCash: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I'll take the words of several duck fans and my eyes over stats such as those in the game of Hockey. In baseball WAR plays a crucial role but NHL is a different beast, and it's accepted as such. Still couldn't answer my question could you? If Corsi is so reliable then why is that Gillis who apparently follow it strongly wasn't able to get the cup against the bruins, nor later on?

Teemu was a bit crazy in his defensive game when he was playing under carlyle, yea he was using his body effectively but not playing a whole game, yet here we are, him scoring like a legend still and playing a two way game that still makes him a respectable man on the ice. This is him in twilight years and in his prime, why can't a player like Phil Kessel who is still playing with a third line center in bozak be able to accomplish the same thing? Why is that not into consideration? Oh yea remember players like Dan Sexton, and Bobby ryan? How about them, forget them so easily? Yea Kessel will never be a hard hitting powerforward but he'll always make his line mates better, be it a third line center bozak, a up-coming JVR, or a reclamation project Lupul. When he finds players with skills, he'll elevate his skill as he can feed off it. Atleast this season he's showing, albeit the past few games he's been atrocious along with the entire club, he's willing to back check, use his body to cover the puck in the o-zone from time to time, and stick check and forecheck. Comparing that to his wilson's age? I'm happy and he'll get better under Carlyle's Tutelage.
Good post.

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote