View Single Post
Old
03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
18 goals + 1 EN. I understand Koekkoek and Sieloff are out but that D out there guys are still in the plans for next year well maybe they should rethink that plan. Compete level isn't good enough. Spits have already given up more goals than they did all of last year. With defensive minded coaches like Boughner and Jones that is completely unacceptable.
I would not use these 3 past 3 games a measuring stick,especially with 3 of the top 4 defensive ability D out,Bateman defensively is better then Murphy and Sanvido at this time,Spits after the trade deadline went 5-0-0-1 and allowed 11 goals ,and thats with
4 against Sarnia in the last game of a 5-4 win,Koekkoek played the 1st 2 games, and the spits allowed 3 goals, seiloff and bateman were in the lineup for all 6,then the injuries all hit,plus the suspensions thrown and we are where we are,relying on 2 16 year olds,a 17 year old, vail who has never played D before,and Ebert who is the 3rd best D on the team behind Seiloff and Koeokoek
Defensemen except for Ebert should be playing 5-6-7 minutes ie Murphy PP Spec,Sanvido and Brown,are now playing 3-4,1-2 minutes against guys like Strome and Ritchie,big differnce,I prefer to call it short term pain for long term gain
This team when healthy was very competetive,especially on the back end,the short roster has killed this team
As I mentinoned before 1st 30 games Spits missed under 10 man games due to injury,rhe last 33 games its 100 plus another 25 man games due to suspennsions league or team imposed
In fact the spits the 1st 30 games were 12-12-1-5 with a team that could not score
and few injuries as illustrated above,while the nest 33 games a record of 12-19-1-1-
including a 7 game losing streak resulting in trades/moves at the deadline,then post trade deadline 84 man games missed due to injury including 35 plus to the best 2 D
the record the past 24 games is 10-12-1-1 with all the injuries ans susp
I am willing to show latittude ,I would most Spit fans or those who knoe the game would to